Friday, July 14, 2006

Oh Lord!

Yes, this is a mass mailing, but I couldn't resist sending what is sure to be my Christmas Card photo early this year. I took this on June 22nd in Hannibal, Mississippi before I got on the Riverboat "Mark Twain" for my hokey little ride around the river (which was much more pleasant with the good-looking redhead I met, Shana, to chat up). At any rate, I never would have bought the picture but it was just irresistable.

As for the update on my progress, I'm 2000 miles down with 300 to go, having stopped in St. Francisville, Louisiana, 40 miles upriver from Baton Rouge. I'm staying with a friend of mine for a few days before I get back on the river to meet Pop in Baton Rouge on Sunday so we can finish the trip together (he did the first four days with me). Because the storm wiped out so much at the mouth of the river, I may not technically make it to the gulf, but the town of Venice (being resurrected as I type this) will have to do. It's 20 miles from the Gulf. Ah well. I hope to make it there on Friday the 21st.




P.S. I didn't have my eagle feather jammed in the hat because of a storm that day. Rest assured, it's in there most of the time. The gnarled, smelly gloves and broken, cheap sunglasses that I repaired with duct tape complete my paddling ensemble.

No comments: