Thursday, January 22, 2009

Random Facts About Ajax

1. Every Six months, I'll stare at a door knob and try to open it only using my mind. You never know when you might have developed Telekinesis.

2. My eyes started out dark brown, then went light brown, then hazel, now they're mostly green with a ring of brown.

3. I have not intentionally killed anyone.

4. I have never been in a real fight.

5. My left ring finger has a fused joint so I have a hard time grasping things.

6. One of my ears is cocked upwards at a weird angle.

7. I have 20/10 vision in one eye, 20/15 in the other.

8. I come across as stone cold deaf often, but it turns out the reason I can't hear people talking is because I
hear so well that I pick up more background noise than most people so I can't distinguish their voices unless I'm looking at them or it's quiet.

9. I got an A in Great Books of the Western World without reading any of the books.

10. I am a trivia guru. I don't mean I know a lot of useless junk. I mean I actually consistently win trivia competitions which pay for meals and drinks. Shy of going on a gameshow, this talent is not worth much more than meals, drinks, and aggravating my friends.

11. I have traveled to every state in the Union except for Hawaii and maybe North Dakota (I was up that way when I was 11 but can't remember if we went there.)

12. I went to first grade in England (my dad was on sabattical and writing a book).

13. Because I lived in England in the mid-80's, the Red Cross won't let me donate blood for fear of Mad Cow's Disease.

14. Because of being injected with the Anthrax vaccine (well, only partially...what a crock), the Red Cross will not let me donate blood.

15. If you dropped me off in Madrid, Paris or Rome, I could make myself understood and understand what the hell was going on.

16. I have an unnerring ability to NOT get in trouble, even when I'm doing pretty bizarre things that sound as if they very well might not be completely legal.

17. For instance, I watched sunrise and sunset on the top of the Rock of Gibraltar, on the Summer Solstice, even though it "technically" is located within an unmanned British Naval Radar Installation.

18. I get outrageously altitude sick when I get above 13,000 feet so Nepal and Everest are out of the question.

19. I used to go to sailing camp, and I was very good at it, but I did win an award for "Most Ships Sunk."

20. Until I was seven I was left-handed. The teachers in England make everyone write right-handed so they don't smear pencil. My handwriting has been since described as being like a "serial killer." In 3rd grade, I did manage to get an A in handwriting, but that night, when mom and dad took me out to celebrate, Dad accidentally slammed my writing hand in the door. After that, neither of them yelled if I didn't get good handwriting grades.

21. I made the varsity baseball team (at a small private school) as an 8th Grader. I proceeded to lead the Universe in batting that year when I batted 1.000 (they put me in when we were being no-hit. I got a hit and didn't get to bat again that year).

22. I hit full-grown height (6'2") by the time I was fifteen. I only weighed 135lbs and you could see my heart beat and count all my ribs without me raising my arms.

23. I was captain of my high school baseball team and quiz bowl team.

24. I've never done drugs, but I did have my first drink as a fourteen year old.

25. My grandfather William Connor is my role model. He was a Brigadier General, a Rhodes Scholar, spoke 5 languages fluently (3 more partially), married and in love for 36 years, a phenomenal father, and he died 2 years before I was born.

No comments: