Thursday, September 15, 2005

Good Night and Good luck

Tomorrow I begin my walk. The plan is to put one foot in the Atlantic and walk until I put one in the Pacific. Of course, plans change and I could get sick and tired of lugging around a backpack and sleeping in a tent after three days. Who knows? At any rate, I send this out with the assumption that I will be gone for the 4-10 months it may take me to ramble along the entire distance.

Please continue to email me if and when you think of me. I'll be stopping at public libraries and other establishments to check email when I have the opportunity so please be patient if it takes me a few days to reply.

To end on a dour, morbid note, of course there's always the possibility that this endeavor of mine could prove fatal (though I certainly don't believe it will, especially not with my taking along my trusty .50 Cal Desert Eagle, seven foot Macedonian spear/walking stick, and hunting knife), so, on the off-chance I get mauled by a bear or starve to death in the woods, thanks for your parts y'all've played in my life and be well.

P.S. but then, like I said, I could quit after a few days

No comments: