Friday, May 27, 2011

My New Boss and Me

I got sent to a new camp.  The camp is close to the Pakistan border.  We get rockets and mortars.  I was not super-pumped about coming here.  I not only liked my old camp, I liked my old boss.  On my way out on my last vacation, I ran into the fella who'd be my new boss, Lester.  

Lester is a 56yo who grew up in the projects in New York who played college basketball at Missouri until he lost part of a finger in an industrial accident when he was working in the offseason.

I'm young enough to be his son...if his son were a (relatively) well-bred, if not well-heeled, Southern lawyer.


Cautious introductions over, we probed each other's personalities to see if we could work together.

We work in one of the Bhuts.  His office is on one side of the Bhut.  Mine is one the other.  

Since I've gotten here, most of our job is checking email; we don't have a lot of interaction.  Lester will liven things up.  His style has caused issues with the others that have attempted to work with him.  I, however, have no problems matching his bombastic style.  Thus, every once in a while, he'll erupt to entertain himself:


Then, he'll come into my office.


So far we're working out just fine.

No comments: