Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Fun with Muggers

On my daily soujourn to and from the library, I pass through the local park. It is regularly frequented by the drunken destitute. While, I've never felt endangered walking through there, I do believe I may have been subjected to the world's laziest mugging attempt the other day.

The path through the park crosses a picturesque stream. There is a twelve-foot-wide bridge that crosses it. A large, tall Inuit glared at me as I approached the bridge. He was leaning on a railing. I assumed he was drunk. I walked on the other side of the bridge and he turned to face me as I walked by.

"Hey! Come here!" he slurred menacingly.

"Can't do it, friend," I said cheerfully, my left hand holding the knife in my pocket, as I quickly kept moving.

"I said @#$!ing come over here!" he growled again, but didn't move.

I commend him on his chutzpah, but his technique needs work. That being said, maybe I'm just lucky his siren-call didn't ensnare me.

No comments: