Tuesday, July 20, 2004

Wailing and Gnashing O' Teeth (The Punishment Begins)...

One of you finally decided to speak up and put me in my place concerning the foul nature of SGT Rickenbacker's letter. A fellow officer sent me the following. As per his advice, I apologize to any of you I have offended by forwarding the SGT's letter or for any other child-hating missives. I suppose I apologize to those I haven't offended as well and I pray for your child hating-missive-agreeing (and if not agreeing, then non- offended) souls. I hope that "the righteous fist of morality" strikes only me and I want you all to please feel free to send any pent up Andre hate mail on this or any topic. I see the light...


---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 12:47:51 +0400
Subject: RE: Defense of Honor!!! (Re: FW: Write a Soldier...)
To: andre

Andre,

I'm going to have to jump in on this. Far from being funny, the email was very offensive. Not in a funny comical way offensive, but really just tasteless. You'd be best served by just not bringing it up again, or maybe even apologizing for sending it out. If (and I think this is highly unlikely given the things you've written in the past) you didn't write the letter, then you are equally culpable for forwarding the thing on. Not only does it offend the small children who are writing these letters, but also is offensive towards our comrades who have died here.

As I said before, if you don't want the letters and cards, please forward them to me and I'll find a good home for them. Did I mention that we had a group of 10 year olds back in Nebraska that all told their parents that they didn't want birthday presents, and that instead they wanted their parents to send us things here. I felt pretty bad for the kids because we get sent so much crap already as it is.

Anyway, if you're not getting hate mail, then you're not getting read.

Or something like that anyway.

Feel the righteous fist of morality bee-atch.

-Jim

No comments: