Wednesday, February 2, 2011

How Are We Not Doing This With Cheerleading

So, up until middle age I felt I was fairly normal. My friends and I used to watch 18-22 year olds. No harm there. Perfectly understandable. Now though, I feel like they've gone a little overboard. I found out they're joining pay sites to watch video of 16 and 17 year olds. I just can't do it. It feels wrong. And the things they talk about now, it's a little too much, even for me, and I consider myself a fanatic. It's like Dateline NBC is going to go To Catch A Predator when we all get together.


I *know* creepy and I'm gonna tell you; middle aged men sitting around drinking beer and talking about young athletic men is just wrong.


"He's a beast!"


"Look at how he bursts through the hole!"


"He's got power and speed!"


"Look how he defends the blindside!"


"He just puts his head down and barrels in! He's a grinder!"


"Have you ever seen a kid zip it in there like that?


"He's got a rocket, but he's got feel too!"


"He might not be the prettiest, but at the end of the day, he just goes up and gets it!"


"He's not fast enough to stay as a tight end at the next level."


"Suffocating. Smothering. Sticky hands."


NAMBLA members are less effusive.


I cannot get into college football recruiting. Too creepy.


Not like the NFL draft. That's awesome.

No comments: