Friday, March 4, 2011

Judging Intelligence Part 2: NO!

Far be it from me to rant and rave.  No...wait.  That's what I do.  Okay, so here goes.  I was pleasantly poked for having the audacity to be judgmental.  "Life's too short to be that way.  Who are any of us to judge anyone else?" 

No.

No.

No.

Life is long and has entirely too many silly-minded people doing pointless things for no benefit to anyone (though, at the same time I've no problem with Ars gratia artis).  And that's fine.  But if *I* want to get some form of purpose or enjoyment or sense of gimme-a-damn-break, I damn sure am going to make decisions.  Making decisions comes down to judgment.  If you don't make any judgments, it's my view you tend to let life grab you and make you its punk.  Nope. That's not my deal.

At any rate, I tend to find that the people who are most anti-judgmental are usually the ones who have made repeated poor decisions.  Now, when I say "judgment" or "judging" I don't mean in a legal sense insofar as punishments.  When it comes to that, "Let he who is without sin..." and whatnot.  When I make my judgments, other than how I interact with you, there are no direct repercussions.  That's sensible.  You make your choices.  I make mine.  However, at the end of the day, it's about taking responsibility for one's words and actions, and what I tend to find is that the "free spirits" who follow "do what thou wilt" (the corrupted mantra of proto-Satanist Aleister Crowley) usually follow a path of mindless (silliness) and/or mindful (sociopathy) selfishness.
 
The justification of those people seems to me to be something along the lines of "If I feel it, it must be true!"  Cheated on your spouse?  Well, it's not really your fault if you developed those feelings.  No, it's just unfortunate.  Acted like an absolute shit and your kids hate you?  Well you just are who you are. 

Nope.  Bullshit.  We're not animals.  We're rational human beings and the very ability to make DECISIONS, to overrule our "feelings", is what separates us from beasts.  I have lots of "feelings," many of them contradictory (mainly between being social and yet a misanthrope), but the important thing is being who I choose to be, who I wish to be, not what chemicals in my body at any particular moment are pushing me to be.  That way lies utter foolishness and childishness. And the folks that don't understand that have their lives lead them every which way from one disaster to the next and all the while wonder why since they take no responsibility.  People like that tend to think they are who they "feel" they are (uniformly they think they're "good" people), but what they refuse to accept is reality, that they are their choices and actions (which tend to show that they're decidedly not good people).  For those who don't get that, I judge those people to be foolish and less than intelligent. 


Take charge of your life.  Make some damn decisions.  Be judgmental.

Or be a vapid, selfish shell of a person.  Either way. 


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you are doing what you WILT!!!! LOL

The Mixocologist said...

"You are your entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts."

P.S. I think angelina jolie looks like a troll doll.

Ajax said...

At least it's a troll doll with boobs.

Anonymous said...

This is great...no wonder you are still single! When a mechanical engineer comes along with excellent jugs, I will point her your way...

Anonymous said...

^^^lmao

Ajax said...

Mechanical engineer? Ew. Gross.